Forgot your password?

Not yet customer of TYPO3 Multishop?

• Order history
      • Automatic generated e-mail history
      • Track your Order
      New at TYPO3 Multishop
You are here:

Help by translating Multishop in your local language

On the following page you can help by translating Multishop in your local language:

https://translation.typo3.org/projects/TYPO3.ext.multishop/

Spanish:

https://translation.typo3.org/es/TYPO3.ext.multishop/pi1/locallang.xlf

The following language are already translated by our supporters:

• Dutch
  • German
  • French

Carousel does not work ...having a blonde moment :-)

LC4Peiniger
Wolfgang Maier
Multishop experienced
Topic creator
registered since: 12.04.2012
Hi together,

I would like to show my special products as a carousel, but I cant get it worked. If I activate the jcarusel in the setup, all i get in the source is a

[html4strict]<script src="typo3conf/ext/multishop/js/jsor-jcarousel-0.2.8/lib/jquery.jcarousel.min.js?1334669225" type="text/javascript"></script>[/html4strict]

...but nothing else is implemented icon_frown.gif

Could be someone so nice and tell me the steps to get the carousel work propably?

Thanks in advance

Wolfgang
Written on: 19. 06. 2012 [07:01]
parzival
Helge Farr
Multishop expert
registered since: 25.08.2011
Hi LC4 Peiniger,

normally it´s very easy, if you have activated jcarousel in constans.

In backend go to the page where you want to place the specials box. Be aware that it´s placed on a page where the core shop template is placed or a subpage of the core shop.

Than go to specials tap in your multishop plugin and chose special box. Thats all! Do not click on modules tap on specials! (Don´t ask me why, but this does not work, for what reasons ever!)

The special box, thats the jcarousel, is shown on every categoriy, where the specials come from. It´s realy sophisticated and a nice feature.

If you want to show all specials of the whole shop, no matter what category, you have to chose another special option.

Hope I could help!

Written on: 19. 06. 2012 [14:04]
LC4Peiniger
Wolfgang Maier
Multishop experienced
Topic creator
registered since: 12.04.2012
Thank you very much for help, parzival.
...but nothing worked at all icon_frown.gif

So I decided to implement a other jquery-carousel manually and it works fine icon_smile.gif

With kind regards

Wolfgang
Written on: 24. 06. 2012 [21:11]
basbrouwers
Bas Brouwers
Multishop experienced
registered since: 22.03.2011
I'm not able to get it working either. I've done all the steps as described by Parzival but it just won't work. When I check the source code of the genereted page I can see that the html elements required by jcarousel are not there.
When I search through the multishop source code the only reference to the carousel functionality is in application_top_alwas.php:
PHP
if (!isset($this->conf['includejCarousel']))
$this->conf['includejCarousel']='1';

This setting is never used to determine if the template for the specials should contain the jcarousel html elements.

The javascript library for the carousel is included in the header, so Multishop is picking up that carousel should be used.

What am I missing here?

Bas

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 03.07.2012 at 14:12.]
Written on: 03. 07. 2012 [14:10]
parzival
Helge Farr
Multishop expert
Hmm,

from distance it´s hard for me to find out the reason, why it does not work.
In my case it works on all 4 shops in one pagetrees, with different CSS files for every shop.

There is only one suggestion from my side.

Do you use your own css? Cernainly you do, I suggest!

So if, do, you have this on top of css: @import "slider.css"; ("the path where your slider css is located"icon_wink.gif? You have to customize the slider.css seperately.

Best, place it in the same folder like your core css.

But this is pure css knowhow! Has nothing to do with multishop extension. And I believe there is no need for searching in php code, if there would be a bug. There is none in this case!

Greetings and good look!
Written on: 03. 07. 2012 [18:37]
bas
Bas van Beek
Multishop guru
registered since: 12.05.2010
The carousel is used for displaying the specials on the categories and products listing. Here you can see it in action:

Home categories listing
http://www.bbms.nl/webwinkel/

Products listing
http://www.bbms.nl/index.php?id=206&tx_multishop_pi1%5Bpage_section%5D=products_search&skeyword=sale&page=0&Submit=Zoeken
Written on: 07. 07. 2012 [15:57]
basbrouwers
Bas Brouwers
Multishop experienced
registered since: 22.03.2011
Hi Bas,
Thanks for your answer. But I was wondering how the classes 'jcarousel-container jcarousel-container-horizontal' and 'jcarousel-list jcarousel-list-horizontal' are added to the template. Do I have to add them manually or does multishop add them when I enable the carousel?

Greetings,
Bas
Written on: 08. 07. 2012 [12:40]
bas
Bas van Beek
Multishop guru
registered since: 12.05.2010
The HTML will be added automatically by Multishop. You can find the code in:

scripts/front_pages/includes/specials_listing/default.php
Written on: 09. 07. 2012 [08:53]
parzival
Helge Farr
Multishop expert
Hi to all with similiar problems,

after updating to the newest T3jquery version 2.3.4 I have got the same problem.

The specials carousel was not working anymore. It simlply has vanished.

Further more some of my customised layouts where destroyed. For example, the accout creation form, though it is css styled.

On Firebug there is a message like "jcarousel is not a funktion".
Recompiling the jquery script did not help.

Went back to T3jquery 2.1.1 and now it is working without problems again, though this version is not suppored anymore.

Tested with multishop 2.0.31 - 2.0.38

May be this could help in some cases, before searching for hours and days what the reason could be.

Greetings

Written on: 16. 07. 2012 [07:08]
toni9i3
toni
Multishop experienced
registered since: 08.04.2013
"basbrouwers" wrote:

Hi Bas,
Thanks for your answer. But I was wondering how the classes 'jcarousel-container jcarousel-container-horizontal' and 'jcarousel-list jcarousel-list-horizontal' are added to the template. Do I have to add them manually or does multishop add them when I enable the carousel?

Greetings,
Bas

Hi everyone,
Even if I delete the file "scripts/front_pages/includes/specials_listing/default.php", same bug
SPECIALS_LISTING_TYPE: default,
SPECIALS_SECTION_LISTING_TYPE: default

The classes and the script from that file are not added.
Did somebody found any solution?
Written on: 05. 07. 2013 [17:56]