Forgot your password?

Not yet customer of TYPO3 Multishop?

• Order history
      • Automatic generated e-mail history
      • Track your Order
      New at TYPO3 Multishop
You are here:

Help by translating Multishop in your local language

On the following page you can help by translating Multishop in your local language:

https://translation.typo3.org/projects/TYPO3.ext.multishop/

Spanish:

https://translation.typo3.org/es/TYPO3.ext.multishop/pi1/locallang.xlf

The following language are already translated by our supporters:

• Dutch
  • German
  • French

Customizing several parts of multishop (actually 2.0.24)

kalauer
Klaus Lauer
Multishop newbie
Topic creator
registered since: 19.03.2012
Hello List,

looking for a typo3 shop extension i found multishop. I plan to use it for a new book
onlineshop which i have to migrate from xt:commerce. Now there are some parts of
multishop i have to extend / customize. E.g. manufacturer will become author and must be extended with some additional fields like firstname and title. Also products need to be extended to hold up to three authors (author and up to 2 coauthors) per article. The 'manufacturers_products_listing.php' and some other scripts are also needed to be customized.

Now my question: How can i do these customizing tasks 'update-safe'.

Awaiting your answer

Best regards
Klaus
Written on: 19. 03. 2012 [20:44]
bas
Bas van Beek
Multishop guru
registered since: 12.05.2010
You can save the manufacturers listing page outside the multishop folder. Just find the setting in your admin panel and change the value to fileadmin/yourfolder/manufacturers_listing.

On youtube you can find more about that.

To map authors to products (1-n relation) I think product attributes is suitable. By using attributes you can display a very nice ultrasearch. If you don't know what I mean just check the following page (left side you see a search form):

http://www.haarsale.nl/webwinkel/apparatuur-1/products_listing/
Written on: 19. 03. 2012 [23:36]
kalauer
Klaus Lauer
Multishop newbie
Topic creator
registered since: 19.03.2012
Hi Bas,

first of all, thank you for your quick answer.

I know about the several customizing options given in admin panel. But some parts i need to customize are not part of the admin panel customize options and therefore i can't save them outside of the extension easily (eg. manufacturers_products_listing or admin_edit_manufacturer and some other important parts).

And no, i can't use the product attributes for the manufacturer/author problem because of the manufacturers_product_listing. I need the possibility to find all authors books references regardless of his position (means author or coauthor or coauthor2). I think, that's impossible to solve with attributes.

My actual (unclean) solution is to add two new fields to the database table 'tx_multishop_products' and extending the filter attribute in the 'manufacturers_products_listing.php' in such a way:
PHP
$filter  = '('.$tbl."manufacturers_id='".$get['manufacturers_id']."'";
$filter .= ' or '.$tbl."manufacturers_id2='".$get['manufacturers_id']."'";
$filter .= ' or '.$tbl."manufacturers_id3='".$get['manufacturers_id']."'";
$filter .= ') ';

That way i find all authors products (books) independent if its the author or has collaborated as coauthor (or coauthor2). And there are some other issues such as manufaturers/authors firstname and title i have to deal with.

And i find no way to do the customizing in an "oop" manner.

Best regards,
Klaus
Written on: 20. 03. 2012 [07:24]
bas
Bas van Beek
Multishop guru
registered since: 12.05.2010
Okay I made them modular now and will be available in 2.0.25.

The names of the settings are:

ADMIN_MANUFACTURERS_EDIT_TYPE
MANUFACTURERS_PRODUCTS_LISTING_TYPE
Written on: 20. 03. 2012 [23:55]