Forgot your password?

Not yet customer of TYPO3 Multishop?

• Order history
      • Automatic generated e-mail history
      • Track your Order
      New at TYPO3 Multishop
You are here:

Help by translating Multishop in your local language

On the following page you can help by translating Multishop in your local language:

https://translation.typo3.org/projects/TYPO3.ext.multishop/

Spanish:

https://translation.typo3.org/es/TYPO3.ext.multishop/pi1/locallang.xlf

The following language are already translated by our supporters:

• Dutch
  • German
  • French

German Umlaut "ü" in name of product gets displayed as "u?" in PDF invoice

uliilu
Uli von Homeyer
Multishop experienced
Topic creator
registered since: 03.07.2012
Hi all, the "ü" is only one example. All German umlauts get displayed as normalized versions of the letter, "ö"="o" or "ä"="a" with a following "?".
This only happens in the name of the product, no where else and only in the generated invoice PDF file.

As far as I found out, FPDF is used to create the PDF file. I looked at the "download_invoice_b2c.php" file in the "/ext/multishop/scripts/ajax_pages" directory and found the line that has the products_name value:

Line 530: utf8_decode($pdfdata['data'][$i][2]),

What can/has to be done to generate the PDF with the correct characters? Deleting the "utf_decode()"-function or using "htmlentities()" instead doesn't help.

Collation of the MySQLDB, the table "tx_multishop_products_description" and the cell "products_name" is utf8_general_ci. I assume the name of the product in the PDF comes from here!?!

Would it help to work with DOMPDF, which is also present, instead of FPDF? If so, how can this be switched?
Written on: 22. 10. 2014 [08:30]
bas
Bas van Beek
Multishop guru
registered since: 12.05.2010
Yes we already replaced FPDF with DOMPDF few months ago because of these utf-8 issues. Please update your Multishop, because you using FPDF script.

GIT:
http://git.bvbmedia.nl/multishop
Written on: 26. 10. 2014 [12:36]
uliilu
Uli von Homeyer
Multishop experienced
Topic creator
Hi Bas,

thanks for your note.

I've always installed Multishop and MShop paying methods with the Typo3 extension manager. As far as I can tell, it should it be enough to replace/overwrite the existing extension files with the GIT version? After that no products were displayed, not in the FE nor under the admin panel. After comparing databases products were displayed successfully. Did you change the default layout? Now all categories and products are listed in a one column list?
FYI: really important, with the new, as of today, GIT files, all prices with and without VAT are displayed correct...
Mentioned here: https://www.typo3multishop.com/forum/list_post/prices-in-cart-only-without-vat-although-shop-is-configured-to-show-both-730/

I'm sorry to mention, the "Umlauts" in the product name are still not displayed correct in the invoice PDF. Not only that, now the company and street names if containing a Umlaut "ü" or "ß" for example, have the same problem...??? Is there a setting in the DOMPDF directory that could take care of this?

Nevertheless things are turning out better and better thanks to your precious help...icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 27. 10. 2014 [13:33]
bas
Bas van Beek
Multishop guru
Hi,

So if not mistaken, the charset issue is still open, even though that you use GIT version in combination with DOMPDF?

If so maybe the charset rendering engine of your TYPO3 installation is not configured to mbstring. Could you otherwise provide me the TYPO3 login and fe_user of your shop, so I can have a look. You can reach us on support@bvbmedia.nl.

Ps yes we have had to change some markup that is still in the PHP files to make Multishop Bootstrap 3 friendly. Sorry for the hazzles.
Written on: 30. 10. 2014 [00:35]
uliilu
Uli von Homeyer
Multishop experienced
Topic creator
Hi Bas,

thanks once more and yes, the issue is still open.

I just checked, mbstring is configured. Just to clear things up, it is correct, that the DOMPDF is used by default in the GIT update files? If not, please tell me where the setting has to be set.

Makes sense, to change the markup for Bootstrap. I took a look and customized the files to our needs. One other thing, maybe this is of importance, the site is NOT configured with the Bootstrap layout. It's the plain old fashion way to create the frontend...

I will send you an email containing what you request.

I've attached an example PDF...
Attachment

Written on: 30. 10. 2014 [10:08]
bas
Bas van Beek
Multishop guru
Added UTF-8 tag to HTML template and adjusted the DOMPDF script. I've pushed the changes to GIT (git.bvbmedia.nl/multishop).
Written on: 30. 10. 2014 [17:50]