Forgot your password?

Not yet customer of TYPO3 Multishop?

• Order history
      • Automatic generated e-mail history
      • Track your Order
      New at TYPO3 Multishop
You are here:

Help by translating Multishop in your local language

On the following page you can help by translating Multishop in your local language:

https://translation.typo3.org/projects/TYPO3.ext.multishop/

Spanish:

https://translation.typo3.org/es/TYPO3.ext.multishop/pi1/locallang.xlf

The following language are already translated by our supporters:

• Dutch
  • German
  • French

Multiple questions

basbrouwers
Bas Brouwers
Multishop experienced
Topic creator
registered since: 22.03.2011
Hello,

I've searched the forum but didn't find an answer.
Is it possible to add a product to the shoppingcart and not being redirected to the overview page of the cart's content. I would like to stay on the product page and only update the cart block through Ajax. Is this feature allready available in multishop?
Second question is about searching the shop. I have a product with the name Hedgehog. When I perform a search for hedge I get no result. THe product is only found when an exact match is found, no partial match. Is it possible to enable search on partial matches?
Last question is about the search results order. Is it possible to order by relevance?
Oh, one more icon_smile.gif Is it possible to add a start and enddate to special prices. That way it would be easier to perform a sale action without having to remove all special prices once the sale ends.

Thanks for a great product!

Bas

[This article was edited 3 times, at last 27.03.2012 at 09:02.]
Written on: 26. 03. 2012 [08:13]
bas
Bas van Beek
Multishop guru
registered since: 12.05.2010
"basbrouwers" wrote:

Is it possible to add a product to the shoppingcart and not being redirected to the overview page of the cart's content. I would like to stay on the product page and only update the cart block through Ajax.

Is this feature allready available in multishop?

Shopping cart update by AJAX is certainly possible. Have a look how I did it on this project:

http://www.bbms.nl/webwinkel/tricot-zomer-52/tricot-z187-bruin-cirkel-room-wit-licht-bruin-3528/products_detail/

In your admin panel search for: basket and edit the module setting BASKET_TYPE.

Change the value to: basket_ajax

Now test to see if it works. Remember, if you like to further customize it just copy the file to your fileadmin and update the setting to the relative path (fileadmin/my_scripts/custom_basket_ajax), so you can still update Multishop without downgrading your work.

The script can be found on:
scripts/front_pages/includes/content_elements/basket_ajax.php

"basbrouwers" wrote:

Second question is about searching the shop. I have a product with the name Hedgehog. When I perform a search for hedge I get no result. THe product is only found when an exact match is found, no partial match. Is it possible to enable search on partial matches?

I'm having the feeling that you are not using the latest Multishop (which is currently 2.0.26) is that right? We tend to use MySQL fulltext (match) search as much as possible when working with extreme large catalogs. Because doing a wild search (%keyword%) is slower. But as we are aware of the side effects we made a module so you can decide which type of search you want to use. In a recent version of Multishop the search engine does a normal search on default. If you want to use fulltext search you have to disable the setting OLD_PRODUCTS_SEARCH_MODE. In your case you have to enable it.

"basbrouwers" wrote:

Last question is about the search results order. Is it possible to order by relevance?
Oh, one more icon_smile.gif Is it possible to add a start and enddate to special prices. That way it would be easier to perform a sale action without having to remove all special prices once the sale ends.

Great suggestions, that are not yet implemented. I have added it to the wish list.
Written on: 28. 03. 2012 [15:21]
basbrouwers
Bas Brouwers
Multishop experienced
Topic creator
Bas,
Thanks again for your response, you've really helped me out!
Good luck on the further development of Multishop!

Bas
Written on: 30. 03. 2012 [07:55]
bas
Bas van Beek
Multishop guru
If you want the user to be redirected back to the products detail page then enable this setting in your admin panel:

REDIRECT_BACK_TO_PRODUCTS_DETAIL_PAGE_AFTER_ADD_TO_CART
Written on: 07. 06. 2012 [10:31]
basbrouwers
Bas Brouwers
Multishop experienced
Topic creator
Hey Bas,

Nice last tip. I couldn't get the ajax basket working, but your last tip worked just fine.

Is it possible to use another table for countries? I'm asking because the shop I'm building is for a care-center and they want to use locations of their centers and not countries. Filling the static_countries table with new data is not an option because the table is used in another part of the website.

Greetz,
Bas
Written on: 07. 06. 2012 [15:22]
basbrouwers
Bas Brouwers
Multishop experienced
Topic creator
I'm back again icon_smile.gif
I've set the basket_type to basket_ajax and the appropriate file is being included. However there is no trigger class added to the add to basket button, see below:
<input id="multishop_add_to_cart" type="submit" value="Plaats in mandje" name="Submit">

Shouldn't there be a class named 'ajax_add_to_cart' be added to the button? I've seen the javascript and it only triggers on elements with that class being clicked.

Where can I change this and can it be done without altering the original source?

I hope someone can help me with this.

Bas
Written on: 29. 06. 2012 [10:30]
bas
Bas van Beek
Multishop guru
Your "add to cart" button should have the class ajax_add_to_cart and must also contain the products id as rel, so the AJAX function can be triggered based on the selector, example:

<a href="#" class="msfront_detail_add_to_cart ajax_add_to_cart" rel="'.$product['products_id'].'"><span>'.htmlspecialchars($this->pi_getLL('add_to_basket')).'</span></a>
Written on: 09. 07. 2012 [08:56]