Forgot your password?

Not yet customer of TYPO3 Multishop?

• Order history
      • Automatic generated e-mail history
      • Track your Order
      New at TYPO3 Multishop
You are here:

Help by translating Multishop in your local language

On the following page you can help by translating Multishop in your local language:

https://translation.typo3.org/projects/TYPO3.ext.multishop/

Spanish:

https://translation.typo3.org/es/TYPO3.ext.multishop/pi1/locallang.xlf

The following language are already translated by our supporters:

• Dutch
  • German
  • French

Product attributes and import

barthusz
Bart
Multishop professional
Topic creator
registered since: 05.02.2012
Hi,

When I import a .csv and I map a table to a product attribute I got the following strange problem.

When there are more products with the same value of this product option, a dropdown box is shown, containing these same values.

For example: I got a product option called, volume (of wine bottles).
Say there are 10 bottles with the same volume, then 10 times this value is shown in a dropdown box. The different values do not show (as expected).
Is there a way to solve this problem?
Best regards,

Bart
Written on: 21. 06. 2012 [17:24]
jens
Jens
Multishop professional
registered since: 16.05.2012
I don´t use the importer, because it´s not working fine.

I tried to use the products-importer with an excel-file (1997er-format).

But sadly I had to find out, that some product-fields are not in the mapping-list of the importer-assistent. Look at my attached grafic to see what I mean.

Yes, there was something imported, but of course not the missing mapable fields and the product-attributes (e.g. size, material, ...) were not imported correctly. The worst thing was, that some existing attributes were overwritten with an empty-value or some attributes now existed twice. But as you maybe already know, you cannot delete some existing attributes. You can reorder the attribute-sets and change some specific values, but deleting is not possible. To remove the bad values I had to change/delete the specific values within the database (and there 3 different tables make use of this attributes). Now I have my old status quo but I´m not happy with it, of course.
Attachment

Written on: 22. 06. 2012 [09:44]
parzival
Helge Farr
Multishop expert
registered since: 25.08.2011
Hi,

I agree, the importer, may be, is not as perfect until yet, as it could be. I have had some problems too. But the importer has been one of the main reasons for me, to turn to multishop extension, and it works. How long would it last to put in thousands of products and hundreds of categories including thousands of images and attributes?

You can see it at:

http://www.claudiaspraerieshop.eu There are four shops and each shop contains hundreds or even thousands of products.

Not a single catecory and not a single product has been put in manually. It would have lasted years.

Have had familiar problems like "barthusz". Than tried out the following with support from Bas:

1. Made a basic import. All items of the excel sheet except images and attributes.
2. Have made a copy of of the basic import and have named it ...with images.
This time I only used categories and products name and the images 1,2 etc.
3. Have made for each attribute (size,color etc) a seperate copy of the basic
import saved it and gave it a seperate names.This way I have imported every attribute sepereately.

Et voila it works properly.

Hint: Be aware to use for attributes import : Advanced settings. Choose: Products attributes value (specify option name in aux). On aux field put the name of the attribute and : $key|# (if the delimeter is a #) or try simply: |# ( Think this has changed in newer versions)

That one cannot delete obsolete attributes is an annoying issue, but looking at roadmap this hopefully will be solved with a later update. But this does not concern the fuctionality. It´s only annoying that one can loose overview in big shops, if you want to make some changes on existing attributes.

Hope I could help a little bit.

Written on: 23. 06. 2012 [16:35]
barthusz
Bart
Multishop professional
Topic creator
Thanks Helge for your great input!
I will soon do some tests, the way you described it.
Will certainly let you know my results.
Greetings,

Bart
Written on: 23. 06. 2012 [18:49]
parzival
Helge Farr
Multishop expert
Hi Bart,

forgot something. First, basic product import, on the end of the import script, before you save it, do not use import incremental.

For all other scripts genereted from basic (the manupulated copies) (images, attributes etc.) use import incremental.

Fur reuse or changing the scipts, you will find them on "import task" tap.

Thanks for your reponse.
Have a nice weekend and let me know if you succeeded!
Written on: 23. 06. 2012 [20:24]
barthusz
Bart
Multishop professional
Topic creator
Super Helge, thanks again!
I will certainly let you know icon_smile.gif

Bart
Written on: 23. 06. 2012 [20:43]
barthusz
Bart
Multishop professional
Topic creator
Hi Helge,

I tried it but I can't get the categories in.
When I import in the root category and I follow your instructions, none of the products are shown because the categories (second step of your instructions) are not created.
When I import the products in an existing category the products are shown.
Any idea why the categories are not created?
Do the categories have to exist already?
Greetings!

Bart
Written on: 24. 06. 2012 [12:59]
parzival
Helge Farr
Multishop expert
Hi Bart,

I do not know exactly your configuration and the version of multishop, you are working with. I am working with V 2.0.31. But this should not be the problem!

It could be it`s same mistake my customer of claudiasprairieshop.eu has made.

To find it out, try the following:

1. Have a look upon: Catalog --> Products --> Pruducts search and edit.
If you see here the products you wanted to import, than the products have been
imported but are not activated.

2. If you do the first (basic import) after clicking the "Import Bution" you should see
a list of the imported products (has been added). If not, the import has failed.

If you see the list of products, the products were imported, but not activated until yet.
Depending on the quantity of products, this list could be very long (may be thousands).
To activate all these products you have to scroll to the end of "added products" list and click the button "Close and back to catalog" (important)

3. For every copy of the basic import, as described before, do the same "Close and back to catalog".

This is the way how it works on my installations. In between I have three!

If this does not help, proof your excel or csv file, if it has the right format. In first row (It must have a first (1) row) there have to be the items like category, product name, short description, price, etc. You must can see it, while mapping the Exce/CSV file to the multishop import script

Good luck !
Written on: 24. 06. 2012 [14:36]
barthusz
Bart
Multishop professional
Topic creator
Hi Helge!

Thanks again for your quick reply, really appreciate it!
I did not see the products in Catalog --> Products --> Pruducts search and edit
And I don't have a first row so I guess this must be the problem.
I will go test again.
Have a nice sunday!

Bart
Written on: 24. 06. 2012 [14:41]
parzival
Helge Farr
Multishop expert
If you want,

I could sent you a right formated Exel sheet for testing if necessary.

Got it from a supplier!
Written on: 24. 06. 2012 [14:59]