Forgot your password?

Not yet customer of TYPO3 Multishop?

• Order history
      • Automatic generated e-mail history
      • Track your Order
      New at TYPO3 Multishop
You are here:

Help by translating Multishop in your local language

On the following page you can help by translating Multishop in your local language:

https://translation.typo3.org/projects/TYPO3.ext.multishop/

Spanish:

https://translation.typo3.org/es/TYPO3.ext.multishop/pi1/locallang.xlf

The following language are already translated by our supporters:

• Dutch
  • German
  • French

Shipping costs based on quantity and category

Patrick
Patrick
Multishop experienced
Topic creator
registered since: 25.07.2014
Hey everyone,

maybe I´m just blind (in which case I want to apologize and would be grateful for a hint in the right direction icon_razz.gif) but while setting up a shop I ran into a problem I am not able to solve. In this case, the shipping costs are calculated based upon 2 factors - the total quantity and the product category. (And lets assume that a certain customer buys only products of ONE category at a time).
The shipping costs table looks something like this:
Product Category A:
up to 100 pcs: 10 Euro
101-200 pcs: 15 Euro
201-500 pcs: 25 Euro
With different values for each product category.

The only workaround I figured out was to use the "weight" attribute of the products to enter a "multiplier" and then use weight-based calculation but most likely we`ll need it for another purpose.

If anyone of you already encountered this problem - how did you solve it?

This is my first time working with multishop so every bit of help is highly appreciated - thanks in advance!
Written on: 25. 07. 2014 [09:27]
bas
Bas van Beek
Multishop guru
registered since: 12.05.2010
The shipping costs are only supporting two ways:

Flat rate (handling costs + static amount)
Weight based (handling costs + weight based costs)

So I suggest you (ab)use the weight based system to calculate the dynamic shipping costs. If that is not sufficient you have to create your own Plugin that is hooked to Multishop to alter the default functionality.
Written on: 29. 07. 2014 [09:07]
Patrick
Patrick
Multishop experienced
Topic creator
registered since: 25.07.2014
Thanks for your information, I guess we´ll try it by (ab)using the weight based system first.

I will keep you informed if we decide to alter the default functionality by a plugin, maybe you will find use for the code in future versions of Multishop.
Written on: 30. 07. 2014 [15:59]
palatin_coder
Jan
Multishop newbie
registered since: 16.08.2014
Hello guys,

recently I ran into the same problem, working around it by using weight based calculation. Works pretty good for me, but now I need to customize the stepping for the prices. In concrete terms I need: 0-18 and 18-End. How is it possible to change the entries in the dropdown menu?

Thanks in advance,
palatin_coder

update: Of course it's possible to change the values directly in the database, that's how I currently work around it, but this is obviously not the cleanest way. Would be nice if there was a cleaner solution icon_wink.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 16.08.2014 at 09:04.]
Written on: 16. 08. 2014 [08:51]