Forgot your password?

Not yet customer of TYPO3 Multishop?

• Order history
      • Automatic generated e-mail history
      • Track your Order
      New at TYPO3 Multishop
You are here:

Help by translating Multishop in your local language

On the following page you can help by translating Multishop in your local language:

https://translation.typo3.org/projects/TYPO3.ext.multishop/

Spanish:

https://translation.typo3.org/es/TYPO3.ext.multishop/pi1/locallang.xlf

The following language are already translated by our supporters:

• Dutch
  • German
  • French

Unable to update products quantity (qty) in shopping cart

Ming
Peter Guan Ming
Multishop professional
Topic creator
registered since: 10.05.2012
Hi, everyone

I am on half way of building my Multishop

Now, I suddenly realized another irritating issue, ie. I am NOT able to update product quantity (qty) in the shopping cart. The updating behaviour is very frustrating.

Let's say I have 3 products in the cart

Product A x1
Product B x1
Product C x1

and I want to update Product C to X2, so I changed the qty from 1 to 2, after mouse-click out of the box, the website auto-start updating/refreshing (should be by AJAX, is it?). However, after shopping cart page was reloaded, the qty remains same x1. I also tried using <update cart> button at low-right corner, but the issue remains the same.

The only exception is that, when I change the qty number and click <update cart> button nearly at same time, then the product qty would be updated. However, no matter which product's qty I would like to update using that method, the page will be reloaded to "Product C" detail page. icon_cry.gif

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance...

My Environment

Linux Shared Server
PHP 5.2.x
MySQL 5.x
TYPO3 4.5.25
Multishop 2.0.31 (this should be last version supporting T3 4.5.x or PHP 5.2.x)

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 30.08.2013 at 02:51.]
Written on: 30. 08. 2013 [02:42]
Ming
Peter Guan Ming
Multishop professional
Topic creator
registered since: 10.05.2012
haha, again, partially solved by myself

For the 1st issue: not able to update product qty in shopping cart. That is totally my fault, because I include a mini basket object (basket script) in the TS template, and I copied shopping_cart script to this mini basket script, and the reason for copying is I want this header object able to popup shopping_cart list when hover. But this resulted 2 shopping cart lists literally on the shopping cart page, which might cause clash or dysfunction of updating qty. Of course, if I remove the mini-basket, everthing back to normal. But in order to keep the mini-basket. I change <form> tag to <div> tag, as well as disable JS for auto-updating qty in the mini-basket script. After that, I am able to manually update product qty without JS auto-updating in the shopping_cart page.

However, for the 2nd issue, which is not returning to shopping cart (but to last added product detail page) after qty update. This is sth to do with the setting. There is a option in Setting called "add to cart, redirect to product detail page". My default setting is 1. This is usually to help keep the customer on the same product-detail page after they click the button <add to basket>. However this setting seems also to affect the shopping-cart updating function. So i have to change the setting to 0.

It would be nice to see redirecting to product-detail page after "add to basket" in product-detail page, but redirecting or remain at shopping-cart page after "updating qty" in the shopping cart page.

Does anyone know the trick ? icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 01.09.2013 at 11:23.]
Written on: 01. 09. 2013 [11:18]
bas
Bas van Beek
Multishop guru
registered since: 12.05.2010
Update to V3. https://typo3multishop.com/index.php?id=425

Please contact our office department for specific support:

Phone: +31 418 820211
E-mail: sales@bvbmedia.nl
Written on: 23. 06. 2014 [20:14]